The ultimate softball/baseball training aid
Zip Ball Training Aid - Case (12 Balls) with Instructional Drills DVD
Zip Ball™ Origin
Cindy Bristow was searching for something to help her students (College to 8U) with spin, hand-eye coordination, tracking and a number of other skills. She tried every product she could get her hands on and was not happy with any of them – the weights were not quite right, the size was not quit right or the construction and materials were not right, etc. So, Softball Excellence had our own product engineered exactly to Cindy’s specifications, specifically for softball/baseball skill training.
After months of refining and trials we are confident we have nailed it – the Zip Ball™ is an awesome training tool!
About the Zip Ball™
- Weight specifically engineered to support successful skill transition from Zip Ball™ to regulation softball/baseball
- Zip Ball™ is 7 inches in circumference - Perfectly sized to improve hand-eye coordination, vision & tracking skills, fielding skills, and pitching snaps
- Optic yellow leather cover and seam construction
- Multi-skill training tool for pitching, hitting, bunting, catching, infield and outfield
- Designed for drill work, cage work, live pitching, defensive work, and batting practice
- Improves players of all ages, skill levels, and positions
Who should use the Zip Ball™
The Zip Ball™ is a softball/baseball training tool that is great for players of all ages, skill levels and positions.
- Pitchers - Master the snap and spin on your curve, rise, drop & screwballs.
- Hitters - Improve your vision, tracking and bunting skills.
- Fielders - Learn better body positioning, receiving skills and tracking skills.
- Catchers - Improve blocking and glove to hand transfer for quicker throws.
Included with this Product
- 12 Individually Boxed Zip Ball™
- Zip Ball™ Instruction Sheet in each box
- Training DVD with Zip Ball™ instructinal drills for pitching, hitting, bunting, slapping, thowing, infield, outfield, and catching!
Downloadable Zip Ball™ Drills
In addition to all the drills including on the Zip Ball DVD you can also download these additional great Zip Ball™ drills from the winners of our Zip Ball™ Drills contest:
What Coaches are Saying About the Zip Ball™
Don't take our word for it, view more Zip Ball™ Success Stories - and learn how coaches all over the country are improving player performance and finding success through use of this fantastic softball/baseball training aid.
Just a quick update on the Zip Ball. I LOVE IT!!!! We have used them with our catchers and infielders - really working on getting the ball out of the glove faster. Also incorporated them into our infield and outfield daily ball drills...and combined them with the little gator gloves as well. My favorite use is obviously for pitching! The Zip Ball really lets the girls focus on involving their fingers in all the snaps. As much as I talk about it I was never sure they were understanding or feeling it. With the Zip Ball ball they can. It's almost as if a light bulb went off! They are perfect. Everyone needs to have some!!!!
Our pitchers are using them for spin work, and our position players use them with soft hands for fielding and throwing. Our catchers also use them with soft hands to work on quick hands in the transfer and our hitters do tee hitting with Zip Balls as well. They are VERY beneficial for us are probably the single tool that we are most excited about this year!
We used the zip ball this last weekend during a pitching clinic and for the first time some of the girls/ladies were able to really fell and actually see the rotation of the ball. Just using it for the pitching clinic was well worth it and so far has been one the best teaching aids I have used.